Sunday, December 9, 2018

Art Curation.



I enjoyed doing this project. I had a chance to you select art that spoke to me.  I was able to be  moved or inspired by the art work, sculptors, statues and currency . I picked peace cause this is something that I'm struggling to find myself. I wanted to look at the different aspects and messages conveyed when these artist choose these pieces that inspired them by the word peace. I also found what is peace for one person is not peace to another. I'm still learning about Art but its a great hands- on way to become more knowledge-able about different cultures and styles. I had a chance to critic the art and look at how the artist used certain elements of art to create their art. I chose things that reminded me of some form of  peace. The  Ancient Peace Drawing gives me the feeling like im meditating. I feel that it helped me concentrate on one thing and not let my thoughts  wonder. the landmark at MLK park also inspired me. It showed me that how coming together can bring peace to individuals who struggle daily due to unfair living conditions and circumstances . I also liked the piece by Youri Chasov the peace abstract. I picked that picture because I feel like the pattern of colors represents the body when you are at a happy place and feel like the colors are moving with you. I picked believe as my title because we don't have peace because we don't believe it's obtainable, but it can be without us even knowing. I picked these pieces because the artist believed in their work and the process that needs to be followed to obtain the final draft.  


No comments:

Post a Comment